Wednesday, January 11, 2012

flowerssunshinehappiness

"Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Things I have learned through this song: (BTW this was also one of my examples of a piece of art that gave me an epiphany...the other was a line from Stardust by Neil Gaiman where the star, Yvaine, tells Tristan how it was the love she witnessed in the world that convinced her that we humans were worth lighting and watching... how war and violence do not and never will define life...it's very beautiful.)
I should have been 17 in the 1960s. I want to sing in trees. I want to fall in love. There really is no place like home. Home can be in a lot of places. Home is when I am with my family. Home is when I'm on the school turf at 1 in the morning with the Fieldfolk. Home is when the sun is shining. Home is when an orchid smells.  Home is when someone surprise hugs me from behind. Home is when I listen to this song. Home is when I push through a brutal race. Home is when the weather is in the high 60s or 70s with a light breeze and the smell of fresh. Home is when both my family and friends unite at my dinner table to laugh.  Home is when Bichou wakes me up by sitting on my head. Home is bright, warm and fleathery.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha me too! It's really amazing...I just want to join the band and go travel with all of them!! Wish things could be that simple.

    ReplyDelete