Thursday, December 15, 2011

Song

Beauty exists
In the deep recesses of our memory
The darkest holes of our hearts
Sticky cobwebs of abandoned dreams

It can be easy to see
Beauty in the Pretty Things
Like hair, color, sunshine
Music, flowers, love

But can it not exist in twisted,
Defiled things too?
…Like Me and You?

I have lived my whole life
Imagining
Dreaming…
Day-dreaming
Of princes and castles:
Perfection.
Drenched my mind with fairytales,
True love and romance
Never realizing they had put me in a trance

Life in a standstill
It is time to break free
To live, to laugh, to cry
To be me

I did not understand this word
Never knew, never saw
Beauty is life, but it is also death too
There is a reason for everything
A meaning, a right

Now I understand
I have put my life in context
Harsh words, broken parents
They will not define me

Find a way
Carve a beginning
For from dull, broken wreckage
Breaks forth our new shining


Please, I beg you
Don’t change who you are
We’re all perfect in a way
Heck, we’re made from stars

It  is the connection, the blood
Together we be
Shall we talk, shall we sigh?
Shall we laugh, shall we fly?
Or
Maybe we’ll walk
Maybe sing, maybe dance.

All I know is that I know nothing
No future, no past, and no present
But I can question
I can question...I can question...I can question

For to exist is not enough
To fly, to run
I want to soar
Breathe
Feel
Inspire
Laugh
Explore
Have fun!

We are all connected
In a beautiful, beautiful circle of life
Dark thoughts, abandoned dreams
Sickly, terrible, painful sufferings
They also make us human.
For they can make us real.

Skipping, heart pounding, racing,
galloping, lying, jumping, lifting, bearing,
listening, tasting, fearing, lusting.
Toque. Touch of eternity.

I did not understand this word
Never knew, never saw
Beauty is life, but it is also death too
There is a reason for everything
A meaning, a right

1 comment:

  1. Republic kicks us off with a 1 minute opening statement, followed by Timarchy, Oligarchy, Democracy and Tyranny.
    Then question 1 is read and (you don't get the questions in advance)
    Timarchy starts by answering the question and by attacking another society (only one) all in the space of a minute.
    Then Oligarchy goes and answers the question and attacks any of the societies remaining except the one Timarchy attacked and they have one minute then it goes to Democracy and then Tyranny and then the Republic.
    Question 2 starts with Oligarchy and we rotate until we get back around to the Republic going first. Each society can only be attacked once during each question. IF all four have been attacked then the 5th may choose. Every society then gets a 30 second rebuttal per attack. I'll be out tomorrow so debate is pushed back at least to Wednesday. Stomach flu=awful

    ReplyDelete